12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
(Only on Working Days,Strictly Follow the timing)
SIC-101, First Floor
KRESIT, IIT Bombay
|IT Access Policy - Admin Section|
1. Computer Centre (CC) is responsible for procurement, installation, configuration of all IT equipments (i.e. computers, printers, network switches, etc) in the administrative sections at IIT-B.
2. CC will act as the system and network administrators for the administrative sections. In conjunction with ASC, CC is entrusted with the authority to decide the type and version of OS that gets loaded into each computer. CC will allocate the necessary IP addresses, proxies, email relays etc. In other words, CC will act as a decision making body as far as the hardware systems and the OS used in administrative sections of IIT-B.
3. ASC is entrusted with the decision making powers for certifying the type of inhouse/commercial software application that gets loaded in each computer in the administrative sections. Together with CC, they will decide the type and the version of application software and the corresponding OS that may be required for the specific application.
4. If the machines in administrative network “misbehaves” and causes problems for any other department or the entire campus, or disrupts services, CC will notify the concerned Section Head and disconnect the particular machine (or even the whole administrative section depending on the severity of the problem) from the core network until the problem is fixed satisfactorily.
5. Computers in the administrative sections are meant for fulfilling the office automation tasks in IIT-B administration. Their use for personal entertainment/business activities is strictly prohibited.
|Last Updated on Monday, 02 May 2011 20:11|